FORUMS: list search recent posts

Asset Management Software Advice

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Miller
Asset Management Software Advice
on Jan 13, 2017 at 11:41:43 pm

Whats the best way to manage assets these days for hundreds of terrabytes?!? Been lost in a see of companies with tons of hype.

We have looked at Cantemo, CatDV, and Vidispine so far. What are you guys using? Anyone that we should straight up avoid?

What can we do to get our current mess of files ready to move into a full blow asset management system?

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Cooper
Re: Asset Management Software Advice
on Jan 17, 2017 at 5:28:45 pm

Hi Chad,

Where I am a manufacture and I think your question is geared towards other users... it would be helpful if you clarified what you're trying to do with a MAM. Are you looking for both online & offline searching of assets? What type of metadata requirements (if any do you have)? Do you need to have proxy previews? Is this internal for your team only or are you trying to have client based access? Does it matter if users can connect from outside the office? Do you care about any editing/timecode notation functions? Can you describe the storage system(s) that this will be managing? Is there any LTO or Cloud backup/archive integration required?

Sorry for the list of questions, but I think it will help get some info going defining what you're trying to set up.

Good Luck!

Nathaniel Cooper
ProMAX Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]