FORUMS: list search recent posts

SAN Shareable Thunderbolt RAID.

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Jean
SAN Shareable Thunderbolt RAID.
on Mar 22, 2015 at 5:54:01 pm

It seems that Accusys has integrated four Thunderbolt to PCIe converter and a switch directly in a RAID storage :

http://www.accusys.com.tw/products/thunderbolt-storage/a16t2-share-new.html

If the price is right this could be very good news for small« Final Cut Pro X » editing shops needing SAN shared storage.

Anyone has fresh information?

FRANCOIS

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: SAN Shareable Thunderbolt RAID.
on Mar 23, 2015 at 9:05:34 pm

francois -
you are correct. I am anxious to see this product at NAB. I am going to make an ASSUMPTION here, with my limited knowledge on what this is - what what is appears to be is that Accusys has put four of their C1M Thunderbolt to QSFP adaptors inside the drive chassis, so the user connects their thunderbolt port directly to the C1M board inside this drive box. This will allow for four users ( apparently not expandable for more users, but I could be wrong - I am assuming everything) - to plug in their thunderbolt cables from their Mac's, and have shared storage. The software is probably Tiger Technology Tiger Share, which is a licensed product that must be put on each Mac client.

The standard Accusys Exasan product uses a QSFP switch that connects the drive arrays, and client computers, and uses this C1M box to be a thunderbolt to QSFP adaptor which goes to their switch. So it looks like they built this into the RAID chassis, so you don't see the external boxes, and can plug your Thunderbolt cable directly into the RAID chassis.

I am looking forward to going to their booth to see this product.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
Re: SAN Shareable Thunderbolt RAID.
on Mar 25, 2015 at 1:51:58 pm

So we think theres a PC inside also acting as the MD controller?

If the TB is just replacing FC then you'll still need Ethernet to it also for MD no ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]