FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selling Software Licenses - CommandSoft's FibreJet

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Roediger
Selling Software Licenses - CommandSoft's FibreJet
on Feb 20, 2014 at 3:18:12 pm

Hi all,
I'm doing some research for my boss. I do not think it will yield anything, but I have to ask:

Has anyone successfully purchased licenses (sometimes called a "license transfer") from third parties for FibreJet? i.e. Licenses that someone legitimately purchased and then sold privately? We've got a couple $1700 licenses, but may need more and want to see where people might do that.

It's not illegal, right? I mean, legitimately purchased goods can be sold like any other property and should be fine.

And what if we decided to quit FibreJet due to the crazy cost? I'm told an EVO system can get us up and running with one license for unlimited seats. Could we sell our existing FibreJet Licenses? If so, how?

Return to posts index

Eric Newbauer
Re: Selling Software Licenses - CommandSoft's FibreJet
on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:59:32 pm

Hi Eric,

The answer to your question "Is it legal?" is "It depends." Software isn't exactly purchased and owned; it's licensed. To know if what you want to do is legal or not you have to read the EULA. Is there any section in there on transfer of ownership? (I'm no lawyer, but I do enjoy the thrill of constructing the occasional EULA.)

If you're looking to buy used licenses of FibreJet, I'd be surprised if someone doesn't reach out to you via this post.

If you're looking to replace FJ with SANmp, we'd be happy to do that -- just give us a call :-) and, yes, you're correct: An EVO includes unlimited Client licenses for use with EVO.

Eric Newbauer
Studio Network Solutions (SNS)
EVO – Shared Storage Systems for Video Editors

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]