FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selling SAN Raid and JBOD

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graeme Smith
Selling SAN Raid and JBOD
on Jul 31, 2013 at 7:05:45 pm

Hello all,

I am helping shut down a production office and have a variety of equipment to sell. I'm just trying to get a grip on what this stuff is worth!

We have a pretty sizeable SAN + JBOD setup that was purchased about 2-3 years ago. The specs and cost of everything is below. Can anyone help me value this? I also have 10 Mac Pros to sell, but I'm not entirely sure where on the creative cow forums would be best to get help in evaluate the value of those as well.

Each "seat" or dongle cost $1,340. We have 2 admins and 7 clients. The total cost of seats is $12,060.

We have a 16TB Fiber-sata raid SKU 187720889 that cost $9,299. That includes the cost of the 16, 1TB drives inside.

We have a 16BAY SAS JBOD Enclosure kit that has 16 X 2TB drives that we got for $9,500.

Q-logic 1400 fibre switch was $1,980

The actual fibre was about $400. That is apparently not salvageable, but whatever.

The total we spent, not including installation and service packages which have expired, was $33,239.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Selling SAN Raid and JBOD
on Jul 31, 2013 at 11:37:35 pm

you did not say what brand this is. Dongle per seat ? Is it Studio Network Solutions SANmp system ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Graeme Smith
on Jul 31, 2013 at 11:46:38 pm

The Software is SANMP. The hardware is CineRaid. There are a total of 9 dongles. Two are for the Admin "seat" and seven are for client "seats". That was just the terminology that I was taught when we got it.

Return to posts index

Steve Higdon
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:41:27 pm

Current MSRP on SANmp is about $500 per seat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]