FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXFServer Advice

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Arnold
MXFServer Advice
on Jul 4, 2013 at 10:37:26 am

Hi there,

looking for some advice on MXFServer. After looking in to the many options out there I am thinking for my facility this might be the best overall solution as it gives you more freedom to choose the storage best suited to you needs and budget. Whilst still offering the features that are needed for a shared project and media solution.

Are there any users out there that can give me a run down on how it is working for you, relative costs for setup and what storage you recommend to team up with it.

We currently have 20 seats that are a combination of FCP7, Avid and Premiere. Currently FCP7 is the main platform but we are looing to start phasing it out next year in favour of Premiere. Most of the work we do is non creative editing, working with prores or dnxhd. We mainly doing basic cutting with little effects work as this is all done by our VFX compositors. We are basically editing these work in progress or finished shots in to provided offline for client review, delivery, qc etc. There may be up to 20 different versions of the same shot stacked in the timeline but only one of these layers is ever active. Due to the scale of the projects we tend to have up to 4 editors maintaining edits on any one project and switch people around as well so having a flexible solution is essential for us. Currently all our workstations are isolated so a switched to a shared solution is much needed.

Any help appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tom Masters
Re: MXFServer Advice
on Jul 30, 2014 at 12:53:35 am

Did you ever get more information on your questions on MXF Server?
I have similar questions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]