FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Caldigit Email Support and HDone with Windows 8 Support

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Baker
No Caldigit Email Support and HDone with Windows 8 Support
on Jun 29, 2013 at 11:21:56 am

Hello,

I have a Caldigit HDONE I am using the Windows 2.1.3 on Windows 7 I was getting random blue screens Storport.s​ys IRQL not Less or Equal When Accessing Caldigit HDONE Raid this only happens when I am accessing the Caldigit after lots of video editing direct from the Raid. Caldigit support never got back to me on this on going issue.

I am on a brand new machine Windows 8 the driver installs 2.1.3 I run as administrator and also tried in compatibility mode Windows 7 under the Windows 8 install it shows in the device manager as error code 10 the driver cannot be started. So I deleted the driver from device manager installed the driver form the separate folder called driver form the 2.1.3 Caldigit package.

It shows up the Raid as in the hard drive then after a reboot it then is not even showing in disk manager. I tried it under Windows 7 and it seems to work fine apart form the random blue screens as described above.

Does anyone know why Caldigit are not replying this has been going on for months the blue screen and a few emails then silence again and now not even a reply. When I first bought it many years ago the Raid the support form Jon Schilling was amazing. Since he left it seems to of gone down hill and it's deffo the last product I will buy form Caldigit again as the support is just not there.

Leo

Return to posts index

Eric Hansen
Re: No Caldigit Email Support and HDone with Windows 8 Support
on Jul 1, 2013 at 3:35:27 pm

did you try calling instead of emailing?

e

Eric Hansen
Production Workflow Designer / Consultant / Colorist / DIT
http://www.erichansen.tv

Return to posts index

Eric Newbauer
on Jul 1, 2013 at 5:27:40 pm

It looks like there's no Windows 8 support for the HD One's controller. I think that controller is actually an Accusys 62000 (or 61000), so maybe you can find Win 8 drivers for it somewhere other than Caldigit's site if you don't have any luck getting a response from them.

Eric Newbauer
Studio Network Solutions
http://www.studionetworksolutions.com

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Jul 1, 2013 at 11:04:04 pm

Hello Eric,

I managed to call Caldigit UK I mentioned that on Windows 7 64bit I was getting Blue screens of death when accessing the raid. They said they have some problems in 64bit and suggested I use 32bit. I am going to look at an alternative raid which supports 64bit and works in 7 and 8 of Windows 64bit editions.

It's very kind of you with your help it's much appreciated.

Thank you,

Leo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]