from Bob Zelin - READ THIS NOW (please)

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
from Bob Zelin - READ THIS NOW (please)
on Feb 13, 2013 at 11:11:12 pm

is this true, or is this bulls$#@ ?

http://www.amptec.be/news/news.php?id=537

As of March 1, 2013, Apple will no longer sell Mac Pro in EU, EU candidate and EFTA countries because these systems are not compliant with Amendment 1 of regulation IEC 60950-1, Second Edition which becomes effective on this date.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: from Bob Zelin - READ THIS NOW (please)
on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:53:02 am

True! It's actually old news from last week Bob.

A French reseller was reported as having been notified by Apple that a new Mac was on the way by March, but that's just rumor being reported by many so far.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Rick Sebeck
on Feb 14, 2013 at 2:36:00 pm

Okay - I love to play the "new Mac Pro is coming what do you think it will be game"..... (hey it only happens every 650 days!

Here's my prediction... wish list....

4U Rack mountable case. This makes it smaller than the current models, but still have room for PCI cards.

10 and 16 core processors to bump up the speed as well as other minimal upgrades including thunderbolt.

But I think this will be more than just about a new mac pro. I think apple has been sitting on some things that will finally put the rumor that "they don't care about us mac professionals" I think it will be a full out Apple is the product for post production campaign. And this is what it will do...

You take these new mac pros, you plug them into a thunderbolt switch, you plug in thunderbolt hard drives, and you "out of the box" have multi user project management. With Xsan built into the OS - and people hacking into FCPX and finding "users" built into the application - its not too far fetched. I think they know they dropped the ball with FCPX - but they HAD to get to get it out because they could wait this long to release the full network user version that wasn't ready. So they tossed out the new code with less features and we all laughed. I for one haven't even witched to FCPX! But if they released FCP (Mountain Lion) that incorporated a plug and play SAN - I'd probably switch!

Again - this is just my dreams of an Apple who cares about more than mobile devices and app sales - and I believe they haven't abandoned us--- yet!

Editor

Return to posts index

alex gardiner
on Feb 15, 2013 at 8:03:49 pm

Hi Bob,

I too heard this via MacRumors a couple of weeks ago :(

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/31/apple-to-halt-mac-pro-sales-in-europe-e...

It boils down to a regulatory problem with the fans not having covers on them, believe it or not!

All is not lost however...
http://www.macrumors.com/2013/02/06/apple-tells-reseller-that-the-new-mac-p...

The debate has raged across the web for the last 18 months, what will happen to the Pro. If you ask me, they are not dumb enough to axe the product line just yet.

Anything could happen though.. look at the mess they made of FCPX, anything is possible :/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]