FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wow Effect in Newer MacPro

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abhijeet Mohit
Wow Effect in Newer MacPro
on Dec 7, 2011 at 5:00:14 pm

What will be WOW effect in newer MacPro, If ever we see one coming in 2012? Or is it iMac a newer high end iMac with high end display card which will do wonders for high end applications ( smoke & DI Apps ). Xsan is a free topping in Lion. Capture cards are in compitetion within their recent release thunderbolt products and in tapeless workflow I/O do we need a capture card?

Thanks

Abhijeet

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
Re: Wow Effect in Newer MacPro
on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:02:32 am

At this point, there is only speculation, primarily around whether there will be a new MacPro or not.

Some say, there is enough new CPUs and chipsets on the market for Apple to have one more upgrade of the MacPro. Others feel with the new i7 iMac and MacBook pro proving as fast and useful as previous gen MacPros, it makes no sense to make MacPros.

With Apple you never know what's next. It may just be a larger MacMini with two i7 CPUs, an Nvidia GPU and Thunderbolt. Maybe with one or two PCIe slots. And a form factor that sits nicely below an Apple Cinema display. Those that need to use more PCIe cards get a TBolt PCI extender.

Wait and see.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]