FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bru PE behaving strangely, tape backups created, but no indexed catalog shows up

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Hutchins
Bru PE behaving strangely, tape backups created, but no indexed catalog shows up
on Oct 7, 2011 at 3:41:59 pm

Hello all,

I just recently did a system wipe and OS reinstall, set everything up and have the system mostly back to where it was.

I have copied over all of the relevant Bru catalog data from the previous install and all of my old tape catalogs show up, are navigable, searchable and I can restore my data.

The issue I'm running into at the moment is now when I create a new tape backup, Bru does what it does, backs up, error checks, etc., but when I twirl down my newly created archive in the "Restore" tab, there is no catalog to select and therefore, I cannot restore any data from the tape archive I've created. I have tried to re-import the archive from the tape using Bru PE Tape Import Tool, but I'm getting the same result.

I'm on SL 10.6.8 on a system install that's less than a week old. I don't feel like I'm doing anything different than every other time I've created archives.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Graham

OSX 10.6.8
AE CS5
FC Studio 3
Octo 2.26GB MacPro, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Eric Hansen
Re: Bru PE behaving strangely, tape backups created, but no indexed catalog shows up
on Oct 11, 2011 at 6:22:08 pm

hey Graham

did you update your OS from Leopard to Snow Leopard? i know that catalogs have to be updated by Tolis to make this change.

it sounds like BRU might be writing the new archive catalogs to a different directory, or there's a permissions issue. either way, call Tolis and they can help you out. i find whenever i have issues with PE it's a lot easier to give them a call than to try and troubleshoot it myself.

e

Eric Hansen - http://www.erichansen.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]