FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphics Artist Storage

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Carpenter
Graphics Artist Storage
on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:36:39 pm

We are a group of 3 Graphic artist looking for a storage solution. We are at the point of trying to look at upgrading our storage. Our old storage is just not keeping up and is currently poorly protected. I have seen plenty of storage solutions for editing, but I am looking for something that works well with Motion Graphics, mainly maya and ae. We currently have a completly HD workflow which is pushing our bandwith limit to the max. I am looking for a storage solution that is fast, protected, and has little issues with rendering while using files on the storage.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Graphics Artist Storage
on Apr 15, 2010 at 4:17:55 am

what type of computers do you use, and what is the most you are willling to spend.
How many terabytes of storage do you want ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Apr 15, 2010 at 3:34:33 pm

if you are working with uncompressed HD, you currently need a fibre solution - ethernet is currently not fast enough for this. If you are working with compressed HD, then there are less expensive ethernet based solutions that will work. If you wait 6 months for the new 6 Gig SATA drives to come out, then 10Gig will be the perfect, easy solution for you.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

john gyldstrand
on Apr 28, 2010 at 12:21:12 am

Joe if you want to discuss this more in depth, and learn more about the system we debuted at NAB, feel free to contact me at johng@maxxdigital.com

All the best,
John Gyldstrand

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]