FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conflict with XDCAM PDW-U1 and Fiberjet

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Lavon
Conflict with XDCAM PDW-U1 and Fiberjet
on Feb 12, 2010 at 2:18:13 pm

Hi-

Not sure if anyone has had this issue other than me. We purchased the PDW_U1 unit and find that it will not mount a disc as long as Fiberjet is running and drives are mounted. If I quit FJ then the drive mounts as normal. This is repeatable and happens on other Intels Mac Pros running FJ v.2.8.2. Oddly, when I use the XDCAM camera to mount the disc via firewire, there is no conflict with FJ. So is this USB related? Anyone?..Bueller?..anyone?

Return to posts index

Trevor Kinsey
Re: Conflict with XDCAM PDW-U1 and Fiberjet
on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:39:25 am

Hi Rick,
just found your posting re Fibrejet and the PDW-U1. I am having a similar problem and wodered if you had a work around?

I have used one these drives in the past without problems and have been surprised when I encountered it this time. I find the disk will mount if I reboot with the drive connected, powered on and the disk inserted, but when I change disks it will once again fail to mount meaning another reboot. Tedious to say the least. I suppose I could copy everything to a firewire drive and then copy it to the raid, but I think that would be slower than rebooting for each disk.

Cheers,

Trevor

Trevor Kinsey,
Technical Producer,
CVP Film and Television,
Melbourne,
Australia

Return to posts index

Trevor Kinsey
Re: Conflict with XDCAM PDW-U1 and Fiberjet
on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:52:35 am

Just did a little more checking and I find that if I quit Fibrejet and then insert the XD cam disk it will mount and I can then restart Fibrejet and mount the raid volumes. A bit cumbersome and it means I can't do much else while I am copying disks, but better than rebooting.

Trevor Kinsey,
Technical Producer,
CVP Film and Television,
Melbourne,
Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]