FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fibrejet/CS4 Premiere

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Dille
Fibrejet/CS4 Premiere
on Aug 14, 2009 at 9:10:13 pm

Anyone using Fibrejet/CS4 Premiere Pro successfully? We have 12 systems attached to 16tb san, qlogic cards and switch. We have issues with the Fibrejet database just losing it's mind. If one system quits Fibrejet or re-boots the Fibrejet dbase must be repaired. The vendor is kinda throwing their hands up and saying, oh well. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

Return to posts index

Jordan Woods
Re: Fibrejet/CS4 Premiere
on Aug 15, 2009 at 4:58:04 am

the vendor??? You are calling Commandsoft and they are throwing their hands up? Or by vendor do you mean your "integrator" doesn't know what is going on?

-jw

Return to posts index

John Dille
on Aug 17, 2009 at 2:45:44 pm

the vendor we purchased fibrejet from. they prefer we go through them for support. the install was over 8 months ago. any help that you or any anyone on this forum could give would be great. we use cs 4 premiere pro. any ideas as to the database losing info, i.e. drive letters & free space for beginners.

Return to posts index

Chuck McMakin
on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:19:05 pm

Hi John.

CommandSoft has been in ongoing recent discussions together with your vendor about the issues you have reported.

I believe that discussions between senior engineers with both companies took place as recently as last Friday night.

I can assure you that neither CommandSoft nor your vendor have given up on helping you to resolve the issues.

I certainly understand that the unusual and ongoing challenges you've experienced have been frustrating. That being said, both CommandSoft and your vendor do also have many successful SAN installs together. It isn't a matter of either company being new to the market or anything like that... I suspect you care less about that though, and more about just what it's going to take to get your SAN working perfectly.

I am very confident that the appropriate attention by the engineers from all companies now involved will result in our being able to successfully isolate and resolve the problems specific to your SAN.

These troubleshooting challenges sometimes take longer than any of us would prefer but that is also a part of the nature of supporting an open architecture solution that has so many variables in the equation.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever feel that you aren't getting the responsiveness you expect.

Chuck McMakin
CommandSoft, Inc. /
Phone: (805)730-7772 /
Email: chuck@commandsoft.com

Return to posts index

Jim Boas
on Aug 17, 2009 at 8:23:52 pm

Hello John,
I understand why you think the resolution to your problem has not gone as quickly as you would like but you have to understand that trouble shooting a SAN, especially those that have alot of different hardware which were purchased and setup from a number of
different sources is difficult, their is a process of elimination to figure out which component may be causing the problem.

Rorke Data only supplied the Fibrejet software which you tested on your own and it worked fine so you decided to replace another SAN software which was causing you problems with Fibrejet.

I do not understand how you can say that Rorke Data has thrown their hands up and said Oh Well, as that has never happened, no one at Rorke has ever said anything close to that and we have been working with Commandsoft to get their help on figuring out what the problem is and whether it has anything to do with Fibrejet or your Premiere workstations.

Because Rorke Data and Commandsoft have hundreds of SAN solutions
installed world-wide, we first thought (through the process of elimination) the issue may reside in your corporate HP/Cisco hardware/V-Lan which you are using on the SAN so Rorke took the extra step in sending a Rorke Galaxy RAID system and Fibre switch in with a SAN engineer to install it (at no cost to you) to be able to determine if it is your hardware causing the problem or not. We have now determined that the hardware is not causing the problem.

Commandsoft and Rorke Data have been working very closely together to figure out what the problem is and we are confident we can isolate the problem and determine if it has anything to do with the Fibrejet software or if something in your Adobe Premiere workstations is the root cause.

Return to posts index

John Dille
on Sep 14, 2009 at 9:29:37 pm

Thanks to Rorke and CommandSoft. The issues we had with FibreJet were related to issues with two of our workstations and some misdirection on FibreJet operation. The reason I started this post was to try to find peers that may have had similar problems. Nine months of trying to resolve the issues had passed and our staff was so very frustrated. It only took a 3 hour conference call with CommandSoft, FibreJet came alive. FibreJet is "now" the core of our workflow and is an amazing application that facilitates complete collaboration. If you are considering FibreJet in your shop, BUY IT! Thanks to all at Rorke and CommandSoft for their attention in resolving our issues.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]