FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot save or access preferences on our network

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mr.escandon
Cannot save or access preferences on our network
on Oct 9, 2007 at 4:48:08 pm

I'm hoping there are some Apple XSAN exports out there who can assist me. I've been having these problems for months and our engineers have not had the slightest clue in fixing these issues. It seems very easy to fix, but since I'm not a network engineer I can only hope that they fix it for me... but it hasn't happened yet.

Basically, there seems to be a system wide problem that is not allowing me to write/save preferences for various applications on my system. I'm a video editor and Final Cut Studio seems to be unaffected by these problems. However - I have a Wacom Intuous 3 tablet and I can't even get access to the Wacom preference pane - it's grayed out. This is most frustrating aspect. Other smaller aspects are likewise frustrating - for example it doesn't seem like Kona 3 Control Panel settings are recognizing anything I change... so that the next time I launch it everything is reset. It's such a hassle having to go in and reset these things every time. Also, when I installed the Zaxwerks plugin for Adobe After effects it would not save any of my settings... this was the only problem I was able to remedy myself by doing some hunting and pecking and changing the permissions so that I own the preference files. This solution doesn't seem to be working for the other programs though. It's worth mentioning - I do know the admin login and password when it prompts me to authenticate... so I am able to change preferences to try to alleviate this problem. However - for example with the Wacom - I've changed the ownership to me on nearly every file I've found associated with the driver and pref pane.. but it still remains grayed out.

If anyone knows any solutions I can let the engineers know so that the problem doesn't happen to begin with, that would be great. It would seem that they could do something system wide to allow people who install drivers and preferences to at least have access to them. I had to type in the admin name and password when I installed the WACOM drivers... wouldn't it make sense that if I could do that then I could have access to the actual pane?

If anyone could provide some insight I would greatly appreciate. Some details that might help:

I'm using a MacPro 8-core 3Ghz workstation
We're using I believe the latest software version of XSAN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]