FORUMS: list search recent posts

Qlogic 5200 Firmware update problem

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keicol
Qlogic 5200 Firmware update problem
on Nov 22, 2006 at 2:47:39 am

A quick question,

I haven't even installed the management software om my Mac G5 as the qlogic 5200 is a new piece of gear (it has 4.2 firmware) should I add the older 4.0 management program first, then upgrade the firmware, then update the management software to match the firmware version?

I tried to simply update the firmware via Terminal using the "connect to server" command chosing FTP, the adding the server 10.0.0.1 with admin as the user (no where did it ask for a password).

I have the G5 connected directly to the 5200 via cat5 crossover cable.

I turned off my airport and rebooted my G5 and rebooted the 5200, I went into network/ethernet preferences and renewed the DHCP lease but there is something preventing me from connecting to the 5200 via Terminal and ethernet? I get a timed out operation.

Do I have the correct address? Is the correct proceedure listed anywhere?

Thanks, Keith

Return to posts index

Shane Sokolosky
Re: Qlogic 5200 Firmware update problem
on Nov 28, 2006 at 7:45:42 pm

Are you using telnet?

Try typing telnet 10.0.0.1 in terminal, it should then ask for a password, also I'm not 100% sure but I believe that you can use the latest version of the san surfer switch manager to update the firmware (you just can't change any of the setting on the switch before the firmware is upgraded)

You said your using DHCP, you might want to use a static IP setting for your G5 close to the default Qlogic one to get it set up the first time, like 10.0.0.2.

hope this helps

Shane Sokolosky

SAN Product Manager
ProMax Systems inc.
16 Technology Dr. Ste.106
Irvine, CA. 92618

Office (949) 727-3977 x108
Toll free (877) 776-6292
Fax (949) 727-7002
Website-http://www.Promax.com
shane.sokolosky@promax.com

Return to posts index