FORUMS: list search recent posts

AU-EVA1 - Wi-Fi adapter?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Kumorek
AU-EVA1 - Wi-Fi adapter?
on Apr 2, 2019 at 3:30:48 pm

Does anyone know if other USB Wi-Fi adapters work with the AU-EVA1 besides the Panasonic Panasonic AJ-WM50P?

Return to posts index

Ben Low
Re: AU-EVA1 - Wi-Fi adapter?
on Apr 6, 2019 at 1:58:04 pm

Hi James,

I couldn't find any. So got the Panasonic AJ-WM50P from B&H. It works, and fairly well. To note, it works like Wi Fi works. You don't want to get too far from the camera, or have any walls in between. When your iPhone auto-closes you lose your signal, and need to reboot the WiFi connection. It's a 10-30 second process on average -- tricky if you're trying to catch a specific moment racing by. I'm going to look and see if there is a way to force the iPhone to stay on.

The EVA ROP app is good, allows a lot of control ... including, if you use the Quick Switch function, the ability to completely reset the camera (frame rate, codec etc.) with two taps on the app.

Finding out HOW to set up the Quick Switch function is not easy. If you decide to go that way I made up a small instruction sheet for a buddy. I could post it here I think, if you were to ask for it. It's confusing in the manual ... which doesn't even have the phrase Quick Switch in it, so you can't even do a search. And I'm not sure I figured out how to do it from the manual, or from half a dozen different places all cobbled together.

All the best, Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]