FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic Panasonic AG-HPG10P not recognized by Windows

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kay Rinne
Panasonic Panasonic AG-HPG10P not recognized by Windows
on Jan 4, 2019 at 11:37:43 pm

HI all, hope this is the right sub. I have this P2 deck, and have installed the drivers on a Win 10 server that has Adobe CC 2017 on it. End goal: to record edited clips from the NLE Adobe TO the card on the P2 deck, using that deck as a portable playout for commercials, bumpers, etc.

The Windows machine sees it as a "Panasonic DV player/recorder" the software says it should recognize it as a P2. Second issue: when using Firewire IEEE 1394, windows recognizes when the deck is connected, giving me a happy ding! and bringing up Adobe Premiere Pro CC2017.

But I am unable to choose Export>Media>Deck to record to the card, which has been formatted.

The directions are oddly vague - the manual says you can use NLEs to edit to the card, but they don't explain how to get the footage there. Adobe says to use the link in Media export to choose the P2 card storage - which of course I can't see.

I have tried changing the deck PC settings to: IEEE1394 device. No go. IEEE1394 HOST. No go. USB Host. No go. UBS Device. No go.

All of these settings show the deck in the Device Manager, but the deck is otherwise inaccessible.

Does anyone have one and can you walk me through setting it up for my intended use? This is the only way I will be using it, sending SDI video out and analog audio, which is why I bought it. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]