FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX200 Relay Fails

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
DVX200 Relay Fails
on Nov 20, 2018 at 7:21:58 pm

This has happened a few times on my DVX200 and my UX180 cameras. I have 2 clean cards installed and camera set to RELAY. When card 1 is recording and hits the flashing red 0:00:00 time left, it should and usually switches to card 2 and continues to record and the REALY moves down to card 2. Seems I never have a problem when recording long segments like a stage production or interview. But, on shorter takes, sometimes the view finder will go black and flash CARD FULL and doesn't record. And the RELAY in the view finder is still on the card that says is full. It's not switching to card 2 to record.

?????

Yesterday a was shooting a scene and card 1 got to the red flashing 0:00:00 (which I think says you have about 1 min left on that card). I finished my shot, stopped the recording. When I started to record my next scene I got that black screen saying CARD FULL and camera would not record. I had to either manual switch the cards (moving card 1 the full one into card slot 2 and putting the clean card from 2 into slot 1) and start recording again. RELAY was still next to Card 1 in the view finder. OR... I'd have to go into the menu and manual switch the RELAY to card 2.

Don't tell me I'm the only one. And with 2 different cameras.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]