FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rode VideoMic Pro not working with Panasonic V770?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grace Grenier
Rode VideoMic Pro not working with Panasonic V770?
on Sep 18, 2018 at 6:19:31 pm

I have a Rode VideoPro Mic that I've been using with a Panasonic V770 that worked great for about 10 months. Then from one day to the next, the Mic sound got really spotty. At first there was no sound, then as we kept shooting, the sound came back. After a few days, we were getting no sound at all. We changed the Mic battery, still no sound. We tried every configuration of setup (plugging in, turning on camera, then turning on mic, etc.)

I contacted Panasonic, they recommended doing a factory reset on the camera. I did that, and now the camera is fried. It records for 3 seconds before an error message pops up saying an "internal error has occurred". The camera can't do anything anymore and is completely useless.

A friend has the exact same make and model Panasonic, I had him bring it in so I could keep shooting. Same things are happening, at first the Mic worked great, now we've lost audio. I'm NOT going to factory reset his camera because I don't want to fry his as well.

My question is, has anyone encountered this before? Am I just SOL with the fried camera? Is there a potential compatibility issue between the Rode Mic and the Panasonic camcorder?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]