FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting a Panasonic AG-HPX250P connected to new Mac pro and pegasus 3 RAID

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Specht
Getting a Panasonic AG-HPX250P connected to new Mac pro and pegasus 3 RAID
on Sep 16, 2017 at 6:50:45 am

I'm trying to connect the video cameras P2 cards to my new Mac pro that has thunderbolt 3 imputs so I can down load them for editing on Final Cut pro. Just connecting from the USB 2 port on the camera thru an adapter into the thunderbolt 3 port doesn't work. I tried downloading a P2 driver from the internet but it came up as a "formatter" that didn't do anything. Rather than continue stumbling around in the dark I was hoping someone could lay out for me what is needed? Do I need a reader? Theres a sonnet thunderbolt 2 P2 reader on amazon that someone said worked with a thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter. Or is there some P2 driver out in the internet that is recommended?

I've got the Promise R4 RAID working with my mac. If I can get the AG-HPX250P p2 footage to download I can get going. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The panasonic camera manual seems to me poorly written, and there is so much technical to this stuff it drives me crazy. I have enough on my plate trying to artistically wield the software and other aspects effectively. Don't be afraid to "dumb it down" for me and don't leave anything out because you think it'd be too obvious.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Getting a Panasonic AG-HPX250P connected to new Mac pro and pegasus 3 RAID
on Sep 21, 2017 at 9:34:50 pm

What model camera are you using?
Why not simply go into your computer through the USB port rather than than the Thunderbolt port?

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

Greg Specht
Re: Getting a Panasonic AG-HPX250P connected to new Mac pro and pegasus 3 RAID
on Sep 22, 2017 at 4:29:51 pm

Hi. I listed the camera in my post. My apple macbook pro only has thunderbolt 3 ports. I have managed to get it working though, thanks to some help.

Thank you for responding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]