FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH5 audio phasing with wireless pack

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Ing
GH5 audio phasing with wireless pack
on May 3, 2017 at 3:14:18 pm

I have had audio phasing whenever i connect my Sennheiser ew500 G2 to my GH5. I also have had this with my GH4.
I have been using a TRS to pack and camera. its just been a pain in the arse as i have to fix in post, but I would rather have it fixed when recording.
any thoughts?

Inger

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: GH5 audio phasing with wireless pack
on May 5, 2017 at 2:00:25 pm

Can you be a bit more specific? Is the audio out pf phase with another channel? Is it delayed relative to another channel or the video? Are you hearing the wireless audio mixed with audio from a microphone mounted on the camera? A few more details will help.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

Rob Ing
on May 5, 2017 at 2:31:12 pm

The stereo channel is 180 deg out with left and right when I use a wireless pack. There is no issues when audio is picked up from the cameras internal mic as they are in phase. I monitor from the camera with headphones and it sound fine, and as you know 180 deg out of phase in cans don't cancel.
thx in advance.
rob

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on May 5, 2017 at 2:51:24 pm

I would suggest then that either your microphone connector into your transmitter is wired backward or the audio cable from the receiver and into the camera is wired backward. Are you using pre-made cables or are they home made? I haven't used this camera before. Is the audio input jack on the camera an 1/8th inch jack? If so, is it possible it's wired for a stereo connector or even as a 4 conductor jack and you are using a mono connector from your wireless receiver? That could easily reverse the phase of your audio as it goes into the camera, especially of the tip and ring are not lining up properly when it's inserted.
Just a thought...

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

Rob Ing
on May 5, 2017 at 4:29:19 pm

Thanks Tom,
it might be the Sennheiser output config on the G2 wireless pack. Not really sure however as i have tried this:
> connected Zoom with same TRS to camera, used mono mic and it was sent out to GH5 with L&R correct phase.
> connected Sennheiser to Zoom then to camera, and with L&R correct phase.
> only when i connect Sennheiser to GH5 directly with TRS to camera, the L&R are 180d out of phase.
So maybe i should ask Sennheiser as maybe its a Balanced out with a different config.
thx

Return to posts index

Rob Ing
on May 15, 2017 at 4:05:23 pm

Ok I figured it out! The Sennheiser pack requires a proper connector which screws onto the device. Since i was using a "normal" TRS connector, it didn't go in far enough to make all the connections within the pack.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]