FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic gh2 exposure shift

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall Johannes
Panasonic gh2 exposure shift
on Dec 5, 2016 at 1:46:12 pm

I have a Gh2 I bought 4 years ago and then purchased a second Gh2 (new) 6 months ago so I could film using two cameras. I ran into problems with both cameras last week. I was filming outside in the shadows in cinema 24p in manual mode. ISO was 400, aperture at 12 and shutter speed at 50. I white balanced to the sun mode and then later manual white balanced using a grey card. I found that both cameras where shifting exposure and color. Background became lighter and actors face which was well color balanced to good skin tone slowly turned red. This shift took place over the first 15 seconds of recording. If anyone has any idea how to set camera settings to avoid this kind of drifting, which is making the scene shot unusable, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks RJ

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Panasonic gh2 exposure shift
on Jan 2, 2017 at 12:50:38 pm

I don't know if this helps but I noticed that even the slightest change in cloud density will affect white balance. It's pretty sensitive. On another note, you sound like you know what you're doing, but is it possible some setting is not set to manual? Are you in shutter or aperture priority?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]