FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hpx170 footage looks different in Viewfinder and LCD that when put onto the computer?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Kubasek
Hpx170 footage looks different in Viewfinder and LCD that when put onto the computer?
on Nov 23, 2016 at 10:57:20 pm

Does anyone else have a similar problem? i'll be out filming and color looks good in the viewfinder but i'll get home and upload and the color always seems to be different than what i'm seeing in camera. Like more saturated or overly leaning to red or blue. Any tips for this sort of problem?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Hpx170 footage looks different in Viewfinder and LCD that when put onto the computer?
on Nov 27, 2016 at 5:27:26 pm

short of white balancing with white card or grey card you mean? if not, your at the mercy of the camera's auto white balance and exposure. zebra/waveform setup there?

Return to posts index

Dean Kubasek
Re: Hpx170 footage looks different in Viewfinder and LCD that when put onto the computer?
on Nov 28, 2016 at 8:43:58 pm

Well i never have exposure problems, just color problems i have a 18 percent grey card but not a white card. (side note, is it better to white balance from Grey or White on the hpx170?) For an example i'll be on location and the grays look natural in camera and everything is looking solid but i'll get home to log the footage and the grays look very orange- ish and magenta - ish. For this example i may have had my chroma phase to high so i'm sure its just user errors but it troubles me that viewfinder is so different from the actual image. Have you ever had that issue with the camera?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 29, 2016 at 3:00:53 am

set wb button to A or B
turn off ATW
holding the AWB button down, put white in front, not grey, lol.
white needs to fill the whole frame. 90% ire.
do you ever black balance as well? by holding the button down a little longer camera shuts off iris and repairs dead pixels and bad color hues.

Return to posts index

Dean Kubasek
on Nov 29, 2016 at 4:17:37 am

I do white balance every time, and i do black balance sometimes.
I've always white balanced off of gray on my lasts camera which was a sony vx-1000 and that was always the best results but that was also a very different camera.
Do you Black Balance every time?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 30, 2016 at 2:30:57 am

you don't have to black balance everytime. its a repair tool for calibration. this camera's manual says use white and fill whole frame or it averages the colors in your scene.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]