FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pretty sure I have a defective GH4... any ideas?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roesler
Pretty sure I have a defective GH4... any ideas?
on Nov 5, 2016 at 3:01:38 pm

I just grabbed a GH4 two weeks ago, and my LED screen is blacking out every time I pan forward... I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this, but it doesn't seem to come up on any google searches, and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I made a video of the issue here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrhsufy5givz6sq/File%20Nov%2005%2C%2010%2055%2033...

If anyone has any ideas... I'd love to hear them. Seems like all of my electronics have been crapping out on me lately!

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Pretty sure I have a defective GH4... any ideas?
on Nov 5, 2016 at 7:20:02 pm

Hi Travis,

I have no idea why. But as you suspect, it's not normal. I can confirm, no matter how fast or slow, or the angle up or down, swinging, or any other movements, my GH4 continues to record as would be expected.

I guess one good thing, is the condition is repeatable. I would think once Panasonic support viewed you video, they would determine the camera needs service. Good Luck with it and hope you come back and post the solution results.

Best Regards....George

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Nov 5, 2016 at 7:40:31 pm

Hi Travis,

I'm curious, not that it will help, but......

Does your recording include the brief black out as the preview screen?

Also, if you take your camera off your gimbal, does the screen black out when you replicate the movement handheld?

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Peter Robertson
on Nov 6, 2016 at 6:29:21 am

This is most likely the arm of your gimbal triggering the viewfinder eye sensor. This switches off the screen and switches on the viewfinder. You can deactivate that sensor in the Custom Menu.
Cheers
Peter

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Nov 6, 2016 at 2:46:35 pm

I think you just fixed his camera Peter, good catch.

I was thinking it was something like this, just wasn't thinking that straight. It's often the simple things that trip us up. Looking back at his video, now after you pointed this out, I simulated his gimbal frame connection and get the same results.

Best Regards....George

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Nov 7, 2016 at 1:12:40 am

Holy crap! This worked! Amazing!

Thank you so much man... I really appreciate it! Thank goodness you caught this.

What a bizarre setting... seems to be universally reviled. Anyhow, I'm glad that I don't need to go through the exchange process to get this thing working with my gimbal. I send you positive vibes and good karma, sir!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Nov 26, 2016 at 2:34:59 am

The G7 also does this so I imagine other Panasonic's like the G85 do it as well. In fact I clicked on this thread to tell you but luckily your problem was already solved. Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]