FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HDX 900 Output

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiernan O'Rourke
Panasonic HDX 900 Output
on Jan 10, 2015 at 10:46:58 pm

Hello,
I was looking at buying a Panasonic HDX900 and I have a few questions I cant seem to find the answer.

Can I capture HD through the built in firewire/i link in the back right corner straight into avid?

Is the built in firewire/i link also an input, meaning can I put finished packages back onto tape?

Finally seeing as it can do 1080i at 100mbps how does it stand up to something like the XDCAM f350 recording at 1080i at 35mbps and would I be better off with the XDCAM?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Return to posts index

jim masi
Re: Panasonic HDX 900 Output
on Jan 11, 2015 at 3:32:10 pm

Tiernan,
The firewire will output to a NLE system the same way you can record externally onto a Firestore or similar device, but you cannot input back into the camera thru it. Sorry, I can't speak to any comparison to the XDCAM f350.
It's served me well to be able to record simultaneously to tape and Firestore when I choose to, or just to either individually, as the 900 record button will trigger the Firestore even with no tape in the transport. I have a pristine HDX900-Firestore pkg. that's for sale, if you are interested. Contact me offlist at:
bearhand@verizon.net
Best,
Jim

Jim Masi
BearHand Production
http://www.bearhand.com

Return to posts index

Tiernan O'Rourke
Re: Panasonic HDX 900 Output
on Jan 11, 2015 at 10:12:19 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info!