FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with P2 reader Plus reading AVC-Ultra Files from new V35

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john sharaf
Problem with P2 reader Plus reading AVC-Ultra Files from new V35
on Dec 29, 2014 at 2:03:54 pm

Hi Varicam Enthusiasts!

it's been a long time since you even considered using a Panasonic Camera, but we all have fond memories of our Varicams from more than a decade ago.

Well Panasonic is back in the game with the V35 Camera and it's a beauty.

The camera essentially has what they describe as "Dual native IOS's" meaning that at both 800 or 5000 ISO there is 0 gain applied. On the basis of this feature alone, I've bought two units and am putting them into service for my own use and as rentals in my Atlanta Studio (BTW, can ship anywhere).

At first blush I'm very happy and the camera(s) compare very favorably to my Arri Alexas ans Amiras, BUT
I'm having problems with the P2 Reader Plus and cannot get the files to play back outside the camera.

What's happening is that when I open the Reader Software, attach the Reader DRive and Insert a Card, the system crashes (on my MBP). I've reinstalled everything and tried many times to the same effect.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do next?

Please let me know, and if there's anyone from Panasonic monitoring this forum please contact me directly with some advice ( at john at sharaf dot net)

Thanks,

John Sharaf
Varicam V35 Owner/Operator
Atlanta, Ga.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]