FORUMS: list search recent posts

VariCam 2700 Power issue

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale West
VariCam 2700 Power issue
on Mar 21, 2013 at 9:37:22 am

Wondering if anyone has been having power problems with the VariCam 2700.
Mine was on a shoot yesterday. Shot for some time at one location. Powered off and moved to next location in same building. Set up the scene, powered on and nothing. Changed batteries and tried power supply as well. Still no power. A quick call to Macie Video by the DP could not get a "field fix" . They did however tell the DP that there was a power problem with the VariCams and that Panasonic knew of the issue. Any thoughts out there?

Thanks

dale

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-588-2683
dale@dalewestvideo.tv

Return to posts index

Dave Goulding
Re: VariCam 2700 Power issue
on Mar 23, 2013 at 12:17:02 am

This happened to me a couple of years ago with my Varicam 3700. It turned out to be a blown fuse in the camera. The good news is that Panasonic fixed it for free because of their 5 year warranty on the camera.

Having said that I did have to take to a Panasonic service center to be fixed. They did it while I waited. I asked if I could repair it myself and the service tech told me "only if I was really good with a solder gun." (which I am not) The fuse is the size of a very tiny watch battery.

I have not had any trouble since then but I was also told to make sure the camera is turned off before plugging anything into a d-tap or 4-pin power connection.

Return to posts index

Dale West
Re: VariCam 2700 Power issue
on Mar 23, 2013 at 12:01:45 pm

That was the deal. Sent it to Macie Video in Boston and they turned it right around. For some reason didnt even think of Panasonic for service. Its just a natural reaction to send my cameras to Macie. Ill try to run the repair back to Panasonic as Macie is an authorized service ctr I think. Seems that fuse is an issue. My friend had the same thing with his 2700. Running fine, shut down to change locations and won't repower. I will seek out some from Panasonic at NAB in a couple of weeks.
best
dw

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-588-2683
dale@dalewestvideo.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]