FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ripped dvcpro tape

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
Ripped dvcpro tape
on Jun 24, 2012 at 11:49:42 pm

I have a dvcpro tape that ripped as I was pulling it out of our camcorder. I need to repair it. In the past I have just taken scotch tape and while I get a hit at that moment i can still recover the tape. Is there a better way to do this?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Ripped dvcpro tape
on Jun 25, 2012 at 4:50:41 pm

Most post houses can do this for a fee- just depends where you are in the world.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jul 27, 2012 at 1:17:50 pm

I'd take care of it the way you have been.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Aug 24, 2012 at 11:43:47 pm

As a follow up:

I am torn (no pun intended) between capturing in DVCPro HD or through the SDI output of the deck to my capture card and then real-time transcoding to ProRes. I know at the end of the day only the most technical and sensitive will be able to tell but since this is supposed to be a master, I want the best quality possible. Would capturing as ProRes give me an more latitude and help with compression concatenation or not?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Aug 25, 2012 at 1:04:22 am

IMO, b/c it originates on DVCPROHD, you would not gain any noticable difference coming in via SDI to Prores. Unless;

You were planning on many, many layers of grfx and rendering and compositing and more layers, multi-rendered etc.

JMO

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Aug 25, 2012 at 1:14:45 am

My thought exactly but they say you loose some with every generation so I am wondering if you loose less with transcoding to a better format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]