Varicam H Flare adjustment

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Forestell
Varicam H Flare adjustment
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:38:02 pm

Hi,

I am trying to adjust the FLARE settings on my newly
acquired H model. I see where I can select the each ch R G B VF (from it's default Y setting) but how do I select the SDI output to see the R G B actual VF channels ?

I can see where the R channel is much hotter (in the VF)
when I switch between the R G B VF Channels. I tried ball parking the hotter R Ch using the VF itself but I'd rather see the three separate channels on a waveform.

There is no VF output mode like the P2 versions have.

Thanks

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: Varicam H Flare adjustment
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:48:32 pm

Patrick,

Use waveform monitor in RGB mode, turn exposure up to about 1-2 stops over exposed and line up proper black on a cavity chart to zero IRE.

JS

Return to posts index

Patrick Forestell
on Dec 15, 2011 at 7:42:15 pm

Thanks John, piece of cake with WVM set at RGB Parade using my home-made Black Hole Chart.

Return to posts index

Patrick Forestell
on Dec 17, 2011 at 2:44:36 pm

John, after setting the GAMMA and FLARE etc using the CLEAR filter how do you match the remaining filters ? Do you create 4 scene+lens files or just go with whatever the CLEAR filter has for the other three filters ?

I ask as the manual says to do a black balance and then for the remaining filters make sure the "black dot" is the same for each filter. I assume Panasonic is suggesting that setting the camera up in CLEAR is fine for all the White Shadings+Gamma+Flare but for Black Balance, each filter has to be checked to make sure the black balance does not change when changing filters ?
Would not FLARE also change between filters ?

Thanks

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Dec 17, 2011 at 3:42:31 pm

Flare should not change with ND filters, Panasonic offers you a different AWB setting with each ND filter, Sony makes this optional to one AWB setting for all filters or as Panasonic does; I prefer one setting it's more foolproof!

JS

JS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]