FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick Settings for HDX900

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurel Andrews
Quick Settings for HDX900
on Nov 28, 2011 at 11:27:05 am

Hi All

i just need to know the quick basic settings to use this camera like exposure settings / white balance and colour ect.as this camera have so much info and when you hire you really do not have the time to go through all this as the previous guys that rent changed the settings.

So a quick need to know setup is fine with me.Like the camera's that have a auto button if you want to do something quick.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Quick Settings for HDX900
on Nov 28, 2011 at 4:23:21 pm

When in a hurry or not sure, You can hit your auto exposure on the lens.
Aways WB - just like any other camera.

As far as the others, you'll need to paw thru the pdf manual or spend some time with it to dial it you look.

But it'll make pretty pictures no matter what.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Laurel Andrews
on Nov 28, 2011 at 10:20:21 pm

thanks Chris

entirely agree it makes awesome video and even still pics but as far as the autoexposure you mentioned on the lens is fine but i am also a still Professional Photographer so fstops and shutters is fine with me.

The problem i sit with is the colour controls is so wide and the levels for different shooting modes can drive you crazy if the camera is only with you for a short period,i use my Canon 7d and the settings is permanent and i can decide what to change and where.I thought when i bought the Goodmans guide my job will be simplified but now i am even more confused with all these choices.But at least now i have people like yourself that can cyber assist me.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:08:09 am

dont get too panic stricken :) just an hour at the rental with some one will sort it all out.. most you dont change anyway.. you have to decide your recording format .. pretty basic.. if shooting progressive go for the 'Half" setting for your shutter.. it gives you 180 degree shutter what ever mode your in .. if shooting interlaced you dont need it.. except for getting rid of flicker from lights or screens..
Seems daunting at first but maybe even less than an hour and you will see its not that hard..

Return to posts index

Laurel Andrews
on Nov 30, 2011 at 5:14:27 am

it had to happened at some stage,for some strange reason the white and blue parts of my scenes came out purple, is there any way it can be corrected ? and what settings do i change as this week-end i am doing an important shoot everything else is perfect.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Nov 30, 2011 at 12:56:03 pm

Sounds like you were white balances for outdoors 56k, while shooting indoors or vice versa. More details please.

You can easily correct the color in post.

Did you white balance?
Do you have a quality filed monitor?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Laurel Andrews
on Nov 30, 2011 at 1:34:14 pm

thats what i suspected but if you dont do white balance right the complete video is normally out and i use Premiere pro cs5 fast colour correct then it normally come right.

this instance a certain part of the people that had white clothes on ended up with a purple patch.the blue sky goes completely purple looks like a special effect.

i should used the awb on the camera more accurately next time. i do not have a proper hd monitor and because the view finder is black and white its not an easy task / i am looking at purchasing an hd monitor to sit on top of the camera to make my job easier as its also manual focus all the time but i do make used of the depth of field and back focus setup to make it easier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]