FORUMS: list search recent posts

NEXTO doesn't recognize it's own external hd - "unknown device" error.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Cole
NEXTO doesn't recognize it's own external hd - "unknown device" error.
on Oct 11, 2011 at 11:59:52 pm

Nexto doesn't recognize the external hard drive that it formatted.
And the edit house needs the backup!

I'm having trouble with the external hard drive that came with my nexto pro (in the plus pack).

I'm trying to read my backup drive, which I formatted using my nexto, and then created the backup by using the sync function of my Nexto DI pro.

The drive was recognized several times before (I previewed many files after syncing previously), but after this sync, the nexto won't recognize this external drive.

Before asking the nexto to read the external drive this time, I tried to get my computer to read it by plugging the usb 2 into the esata port (which is what the manual recommends). And I plugged the nexto ac power cable into the external drive, since it has a port for that, and i'm not using the esata P.

I couldn't get the computer to read it, so I plugged it into my nexto to read it, and now it doesn't work there either.

After Nexto checks the esATA external drive, I get the message: "Unknown Device Remove Device"

Anyone know how to recover the files on this external drive, or get it to be recognized by any computer?

Like I said, it was formatted fat 32 by the nexto in the first place.

Thanks.
John

Return to posts index

Andy Yang
Re: NEXTO doesn't recognize it's own external hd - "unknown device" error.
on Oct 19, 2011 at 7:59:34 am

Hi John

I think that your external drive was out of order and so it's better to contact your local distributor.

Thanks.
Andy

Return to posts index

Steven Courtney
on Jan 3, 2012 at 3:49:07 pm

Did you get any resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem at the moment. Nexto won't recognize the external device at all..

Cheers,

Steven

Return to posts index

John Kennedy
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:25:12 pm

I'm about to order one of these ... literally about to put in my credit card info. Is this a good solution?

Avid Adreneline - MC 3.1
Avid Nitrous - Symphony
Avid Mojo - MC 3.0.1
Final Cut Pro 6.0.3

Return to posts index

Trev Burgess
on Mar 7, 2012 at 6:33:55 pm

Hey Chaps
I hope its all sorted out now, but I have been using the Nexto a lot and the Esata not recognised does crop up from time to time. The trick is to press the reset button with a paper clip.
It may not work first time and I usually take the cable out and put it back a few times and it then sorts its self out. Also the beep during a transfer failure seems to go away if you reset and then try again.
Its not ideal and to be honest, the best way by far is to have the client provide cards and take them away, so the nexto is going to be short term for me as it is too much stress in the field.

Return to posts index

Joseph Kim
on May 29, 2012 at 6:05:25 am

Hi John

As Andy suggested why don't you give a call to your country distributor for a RMA.

NVS shouldn't need a factory reset to be working properly. By reading your descriptions, I think your unit definitely needed to checked-up by an authorized technician.

Best regards,
Joseph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]