FORUMS: list search recent posts

Varicam 2700 LCD Screen

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Sloane
Varicam 2700 LCD Screen
on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:55:30 pm

Greetings,

My 2700 displays 4x3 (squashed) in the flip out LCD screen. Thus far I've just dealt with what I thought was just an annoying shortcoming of the camera. Recently I was on a shoot with a 3700 and the LCD flip out displayed proper 16x9 aspect. I've checked all the menu settings in the main camera menu and on the "Thumbnail" menu which controls the P2 cards etc and can't find anything that would allow a change of aspect for display. When outputting to an external monitor display is proper 16x9 as well.

Frustrated again with the manual and menu system.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
Re: Varicam 2700 LCD Screen
on Sep 8, 2011 at 4:37:21 am

Is the VF 4-3 too..!! this has to be a menu setting.. maybe in LCD/ view finder section.. sounds like anamorphic setting is on if its all squashed up..

Iam surprised you thought it was a camera short coming / it would be a pretty major one.. :)

Return to posts index

Hal Sloane
on Sep 8, 2011 at 1:34:00 pm

The VF is proper 16x9. I looked in the LCD section of the camera menu and saw nothing about aspect. The only thing I've been able to think of is that I know you can change the number of thumbnails displayed in the screen and maybe that changes the aspect. Will have to look at that menu.

Return to posts index

Hal Sloane
on Sep 8, 2011 at 10:08:22 pm

OK, finally figured out the answer to this one. In the menu System Settings>Output Select the last item is "Downcon Mode." This item is primarily used for how the down-converted composite signal from the monitor out port is handled and to my surprise also effects the way the image is displayed on the flip out LCD screen. Kind of counter intuitive but I guess it makes sense if the LCD screen and "mon out" port get their signals from the same place.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Sep 8, 2011 at 10:13:25 pm

Great glad you got it!! share your pain.. its really annoying going through menu,s and not being able to find what you want!! and then ,when it actually makes some sense when you find it .. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]