FORUMS: list search recent posts

P-10 Log Varicam 3700

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Goulding
P-10 Log Varicam 3700
on Jul 25, 2011 at 11:34:42 am

With all of the buzz around Sony's F-3 and SLog and all of the new external recorders entering the market, has anyone done any tests shooting in the P-10 Log on the 3700? Has anyone tried intercutting F-3, Alexa or Red Log footage with the P-10 Log? Does it work the same way as the Sony, Alexa or Red Log? Not much is being discussed about it.

Besides the obvious sensor size difference I was wondering how the 3700 footage holds up? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
Re: P-10 Log Varicam 3700
on Jul 25, 2011 at 5:03:55 pm

Hi Dave, I'm planning to do some test with both cameras as soon I recive my Gemini 4:4:4.
There are a lot of reasons to considering the F-3 but, as I've seen in our 35mm film out transfers, the resulting image of the 3700 are always more "organic" than the F-23, a camera that have more expensive and better suited components, as an example..
I've read that the P-10 Log have some little differences compared with the S-Log, but I'll be over that in some weeks.
I'm very interested in this matter. If someone has answers about P-10, please let us know.
Maybe Jan Crittenden can tell us something about it.
All the best,
fermín

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.
http://www.alfareriacine.com

Return to posts index

Dave Goulding
Re: P-10 Log Varicam 3700
on Jul 25, 2011 at 8:41:48 pm

Hi Fermin,

I am very interested to hear your results from testing of the 2 cameras with the Gemini. Please keep me posted and thanks for your interest. Let me know if you find out any more about the P-10 Log and how it works.

Best,

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]