FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDX900 vs HDX400

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Andreassen
HDX900 vs HDX400
on Jan 31, 2011 at 12:26:50 am

I know this is not strictly a Varicam question, so please forgive me. I'm trying to get a job as DoP for a company producing a documentary for the National Geographic Channel. NGC has a list of accepted HD cameras, and the Panasonic AJ-HDX900 is on that list as an approved primary camera. The production company has already used a rented HDX900 for a while, but I can only offer them an older HDX-400e. As far as I can see from the tech specs, the cameras are not that different, but the HDX400 is not on their list, maybe because it's an older model that is no longer in production. The production company is going to ask NGC about this, but it may take a while. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the cameras, and maybe say something about why NGC might turn the 400 down?

Morten

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: HDX900 vs HDX400
on Feb 7, 2011 at 1:23:40 pm

The specs look exactly the same on the HDX400 as my HDX900. I can't imagine the footage would look any different. I bet NATGEO has minimums to keep out really low-end cameras. But, it's nearly impossible to keep up with the tech specs on every new camera that comes out. I can't keep up. There's new models coming out weekly! Anyway, I always say, 99% of the quality comes from the shooter anyway.

Good Luck, I hope you get the gig.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]