FORUMS: list search recent posts

anyone have experience with Angenieux vs Canon/Fuji standard lenses?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Marshall
anyone have experience with Angenieux vs Canon/Fuji standard lenses?
on Oct 18, 2010 at 4:36:33 pm

I'm looking to purchase a standard lens to compliment my Fujinon 13x4.5 wide (which I love). I don't need a Fuji, more importantly I want clearity, sharpness, little distortion & vignetting, and especially important is minimal focus breathing.... Basically I want the best :)

How does the Angenieux 19x7.3 compare to the Canon's or Fuji's?

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: anyone have experience with Angenieux vs Canon/Fuji standard lenses?
on Oct 18, 2010 at 4:45:21 pm

Hi Seth,

I would propose that the "best" B4 zoom lenses are the Zeiss Digi Zooms, they cost about $40+ street and are rarely available on the used market. The next best are the Canon and Fujonon Cine Zooms. It so happens that I'm selling two of the Canons, both 21x7.5 and 11x4.7 separately at $10K or as a pair for $18K. These lenses have very little breathing and have better contract and less chromatic aberration then the comparable ENG versions. They have neither a built in doubler nor iris & zoom motors and require matte box/sunshades as they do come with rubber sunshades as ENG lenses do. If you are interested please feel free to contact me off list at john at sharaf dot net. They are in pristine condition and like-new. I'm selling because I just got my Arri Alexa and am investing a small fortune in PL mount lenses, including an Angenieux 24-290 Optimo (17 inches long and 22 lbs!!!).

Best regards,

JS

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
Re: anyone have experience with Angenieux vs Canon/Fuji standard lenses?
on Oct 18, 2010 at 5:57:52 pm

I love Angenieux. I've used one in the past that seems like the 19x7.3 for a feature that we made in the Amazonas 7 years ago and the results were great.
I have an Angenieux Cinestyle (T1.9) 11.5x5.3 zoom now and is amazing in resolution, texture and minimal breathing. I'm using it with my VAricam-3700 and each time that I need a longer lens I use a Schneider 2.0X extender and the results are awsome

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.
http://www.alfareriacine.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]