FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scene file loading

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Johnson
Scene file loading
on Aug 15, 2010 at 8:36:11 pm

Hi all,

Just got my new 2700 and have successfully set up the CAC and other out-of-the-box setups. Am having trouble though on the scene files. I followed the directions on the Panasonic site but keep getting a n/g response.

Am using the same SDHC card that I used for the CAC (including the CAC file still on the card). Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? Here's the procedure I used:

1. Downloaded x.txt files from Panasonic site
2. Copied 4 of the files from my computer to the SD card (in the P2SD folder) and renamed the four files SCENE1.TXT, SCENE2.TXT, etc.
3. Removed the SD card and placed in Varicam - turned it on and navigated to File>SD Card Read/Write>...followed directions to the letter...

The display is not showing any of the *.txt scene files loaded.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chuck Johnson
DP/Editor
Fort Worth, Texas

Return to posts index

Jeff Regan
Re: Scene file loading
on Aug 18, 2010 at 3:33:54 am

It's a barrel of fun, these scene files. First, you cannot have the CAC file on the SD card. You must format the SD card, then configure the card. Then, you have to have the "Private" folder structure, drag the scene files you want to the card, rename, but not the names you used, instead, use; SCENE_F1, SCENE_F2, etc. Drag the scene files into the Private folder. Now try to read them in the camera after doing "Title Read" on the SD Card Read/Write menu page. Good luck!

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

Chuck Johnson
Re: Scene file loading
on Aug 18, 2010 at 8:08:55 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much! I'll give your procedure a shot when I get back in the office tomorrow.

You Rock!

Chuck Johnson
DP/Editor
Fort Worth, Texas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]