FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDX 900 SD Feed

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Veasey
HDX 900 SD Feed
on Jul 6, 2010 at 7:13:10 pm

I have been asked to shoot an HD event but feed SD out of a Sat Truck. I have to use my camera unfortunately as the truck does not have a deck. Since I have not done this before, can the HDX send SD-SDI out of video that was shot in HD. I know that I can use the camera as a SD source but can I shoot HD and feed it SD-SDI out to the Sat Truck?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HDX 900 SD Feed
on Jul 6, 2010 at 8:02:25 pm

That or any simple HD-SD converter hardware box would do the trick. Any sat truck would have one.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Dale West
Re: HDX 900 SD Feed
on Jul 6, 2010 at 10:40:51 pm

Steve

Come on man. This is your camera? Didn't it come with an owners manual? New cars have them, new cameras have them, even fricking coffee pots have them. If you didnt get one with the purchase then you owe it to yourself and any future clients to download the thing off the internet. It took me a minute and the bandwidth at my hotel sux.
Yes you can output sd sdi but you better make sure that the truck has digital encoders. Some do and some don't. As for HD to SDconverters Noah none Ive been working with have them. One had better be sure before one shows up at a truck.

But mostly RTFM!!!!!! If you didn't get one with the purchase then go on line and download it. Know your camera. I carry on my iphone all the owner's manuals for my 5 cameras, my 4 portable playback units and
just about any other field equipment I own. Its so hard to keep up. Remember the days when we all owned just a betacam? But all kidding aside digital or paper you have to have access to owner's manuals and you have to refer to them when you don't know.

By the way page 31 in your owners manual.

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-588-2683
dale@dalewestvideo.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]