FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDX900 Shutter and Record Problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Hodgetts
HDX900 Shutter and Record Problems
on May 27, 2010 at 7:18:07 am

Hey,

I've just shot a comedy on a HDX900 and come across a few faults that I wonder if anyone else has come across?

1. Shutter set to 50 but will randomly 'jump' to other shutter speeds and back again throughout a shot. This happens intermittently and we are unable to reproduce it.

2. After a day of shooting, one of the tapes has nothing on it (the only one I didn't review on the day! - Bugger!!). I'm not sure if its possible but this seems to relate to the wide-angle lens as on another tape I have the shots used from another lens, but not the wide.

I have recorded something onto the same tape using the same wide this morning and it plays back fine....what the hell happened??

If anyone has any ideas about these two problems I would love to hear from you,

Cheers!

Sarah

Return to posts index

Dale West
Re: HDX900 Shutter and Record Problems
on May 28, 2010 at 9:10:17 pm

Sarah

The camera needs to go to the shop ASAP. As for the lens being the issue that sounds kinda far fetched.
Is there sync on the tape or does it look like it has never been rolled? If you had pix in the VF then
the lens was working. Dont waste time just take it to the shop. Take the tape along just in case.

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-588-2683
dale@dalewestvideo.tv

Return to posts index

Sarah Hodgetts
Re: HDX900 Shutter and Record Problems
on May 28, 2010 at 9:55:41 pm

Thanks Dale.

I was sort of hoping I'd overlooked something so there might be an answer to this...

however! we sent it to repair and it was sent back with "no fault found". The problem being that the faults are intermittent and we are not able to reproduce them in order to fault find - they just happen randomly (twice over one months use).

For my part I'm happy enough that it wasn't user error, but would love to know if there is something I could look in to to find out what the hell was going on!

The camera will be back with us next week so if you have any ideas, let me know!

Sarah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]