FORUMS: list search recent posts

CAC files for 3700

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caesar Carnevale
CAC files for 3700
on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:53:04 pm

Hello Creative Cow People,

I have a few questions about the CAC files on the 3700. I see 4 default cac settings are in the camera. I have a HJ16x8B Canon lens and when I mount the lens and make the connection I get:
CAC FILE DATA NOT FOUND

Which brings me to my main question:

How do I make a CAC file, and or do I download the info from Panasonic or Canon.

On a side note, I understand and make lens files without any problems, not sure if that helps or not...

Any input would be great!

Thanks,

Caesar

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: CAC files for 3700
on Mar 10, 2010 at 6:53:28 pm

You sure that lens supports CAC?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Jeff Regan
Re: CAC files for 3700
on Mar 10, 2010 at 8:38:00 pm

Assuming it's a CAC enabled lens, you download it from Panasonic, put it on an SD card and read the file into your camera. After reading and selecting the file, use the mode button to find the CAC page to make sure data is valid. With Canon lenses, it may be necessary to go through full focus and zoom rotation for calibration.

As long as you've enabled the CAC circuit and data is valid, you should see a "CAC" display on the upper left of your viewfinder.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]