FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drop out problems with P2 footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Brownfield
Drop out problems with P2 footage
on Feb 18, 2010 at 12:58:47 am

Not sure is this is in the right spot...but I'm currently editing a doco which was shot on P2 cards and I'm finding quite a few drop outs in the video footage...you know what it looks like, pixelated squares, which I can cut around, but the strangest thing is that at the same point it also takes audio from another part of the clip and replaces it.

Has anyone else had this problem before and does anyone have any ideas how I maybe able to fix it??

Thanks
Anna B

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Drop out problems with P2 footage
on Feb 24, 2010 at 4:30:59 am

Main reason I have seen this...dirty connections on the card or the card slot. Clean out with canned air.

Second, the card was inserted into a mac without the PROTECT tab switched over. Sometimes FCP writes files to the card that can cause issues.

Bad news is that the damage is already done. You can't fix it, but you can prevent it from happening again. Clean the connections, and always write protect the card when offloading.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Anna Brownfield
Re: Drop out problems with P2 footage
on Feb 25, 2010 at 4:17:55 am

Thanks for that. I always put on the right protect, but seems strange that footage transfered on two different card readers did the same.... but I'll give them a clean for next time.

Thanks again for the response.

Cheers
Anna B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]