FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX2700 Green Screen Shoot

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Wilson
HPX2700 Green Screen Shoot
on Feb 5, 2010 at 1:00:30 am

Hi all,

I have a shoot coming up where we will probably be using the 2700 for green screen work. I am curious what gamma setting is recommended for green screen. As a post guy I am interested in the "Film-REC" setting, but I wasn't sure if it has any advantages over the other settings when it comes to green screen. This will be going to broadcast, but with work in after effects for compositing and grading, so the extra latitude would be nice.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul Brubacher
Re: HPX2700 Green Screen Shoot
on Feb 5, 2010 at 2:48:01 am

I just did a shoot with the HPX2000. I loaded in the "Vivid" scene file and was able to pull a very nice (quick) key in Avid using spectra-matte. I don't recall what the gamma was set at.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 14, 2010 at 6:01:04 pm

Lighting the green screen properly is the secret to an easy key. Shooting progressive is better and interlaced. IMHO gamma is irrelevant. If your foreground looks the way you want and the green screen is well lit, you'll be fine.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Feb 14, 2010 at 6:11:03 pm

When shooting green screen, in addition to advice about lighting, turning detail off to avoid overly enhanced edges is normal. Also refrain from using gain to minimize noise, but that should be obvious. There is often conflicting advice about video levels, I prefer lighting the green one stop under the key, this helps eliminate green spill and is no problem for the keyer especially if evenness is good.
"Vivid" setting strikes me as not a good idea, as is implies to me a strong matrix. I often turn matrix off too for green screen because the screen itself has so much color there's no need to increase saturation. Best advice, as with all effects, is to test out through your entire workflow. It's almost always cheaper to do this than re-shoot.

JS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]