FORUMS: list search recent posts

Online workflow for 1080 24p (not pA) in Final Cut / Kona3

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
todd sali
Online workflow for 1080 24p (not pA) in Final Cut / Kona3
on Jan 18, 2010 at 4:21:33 pm

I am about to online a feature doc that was shot on the HDX 900, and I want to end up with a 23.98 timeline, and then i will grade in Color.

It was shot with the HDX 900 @ 1080 24p (not pA) NDF.
The film was offlined at 29.97, dvcproHD (some footage was transcoded to prores on ingest).
We now want to online and create a 23.98 timeline and master.

From what I have uncovered, to easily capture to 23.98, the Film should have been shot at 24pA so that fcp could easily remove the pulldown on ingest.
(we are using a kona 3 and fcp 7).
With the 24p format, what are my options for getting 23.98? The only one I have discovered so far is reverse telecine via cinema tools. But it seems we need to find a method for easily indicating the cadence. What is the best system for doing this?
Alternately, is there any way to batch capture from tape to 23.98 from this format?

In short - what is the best approach?
1. recapture media managed footage at 23.98 ( how would I identify the A frames on a batch recapture??)
2. reverse telecine to 23.98 using cinema tools. (how would I identify the cadence to reliably batch this way?).
Either method seems to have issues. Please tell me there is a foolproof way to do this!

Any thoughts on best workflow much appreciated.

Cheers,
Todd

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
Re: Online workflow for 1080 24p (not pA) in Final Cut / Kona3
on Jan 20, 2010 at 12:48:36 pm

I dont think there is a 24 PA choice on the HDX900... I always thought the 24p with the HDX was 23.98..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]