FORUMS: list search recent posts

panasonic footage with canon footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fintan Cheng
panasonic footage with canon footage
on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:18:03 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has combined footage from a Panasonic HD VariCAM AJ-HDC27F and a Canon 5D MII? Both are suppose to be full HD, but I just wonder if there will be a noticeable difference if I put them together.

I am planning to use the Panasonic for a project, but I want to use the Canon for some scenes that might be difficult for the Panasonic to shoot in.

Thanks,
Fintan

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: panasonic footage with canon footage
on Dec 1, 2009 at 10:43:42 pm

Really comes down to lenses and camera settings- these cameras can be made to look very different from each other. Also you're stuck in faux 30p on the Canon which can be an issue.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Fintan Cheng
on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:57:56 am

I see. But it's possible to change the 30fps to 25fps in AE, right? do you think it would work?

thanx.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:13:19 pm

Sure audio sync is your main issue.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]