FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cameraman challenged

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Cormier
Cameraman challenged
on Oct 9, 2009 at 5:27:56 pm

If the answers I'm seeking exist somewhere else here, I'm sorry for the repetition. I am a very good DP with a background in film and all sorts of video. For all of the shooting I've done, I've never worked with any of it. I've always handed it off. Now I have a camera that I can shoot with and conceivably work with the shot footage (or at least look at it), but I don't know how to.
Most of the clients I'll work for are down with P2 and a tapeless workflow. Some will not be. Now I need to learn and become expert where I have no previous experience.
What kind of offloading situation would be best for a cameraman like me. Price is important, but reliability is more important. When I'm the guy to offload the P2 cards during or after the shoot, should I get a used G4 laptop for it's P2 slot? A new PC laptop (of the right type)? A Nexto storage device? Something else?
In order to see the footage, do I need to have FCP studio 7?
Right now I'd like to transfer some soccer game footage to give to my neighbor, not just to their drive, but to see it. I know I can ask these sorts of questions to my production company friends, I just want to help myself a bit. Thanks in advance for your advice. I'll be more expert on my next post. cheers, Phil.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]