FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX2700 Preset is Cold

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Regan
HPX2700 Preset is Cold
on Oct 9, 2009 at 3:53:02 am

I bought an HPX2700 recently and the preset is cold, plus blue. Color temp. display shows 2.6K with a 3.2K light source. There is a menu in the Paint structure that lets you trim something called "R and B AWB Pre", but it doesn't seem to change the color balance.

Does anybody know how to warm up the preset? My HDX900 had a preset that was 3.2K and it worked with outdoor filters, whereas this HPX2700 is too cold to trust in preset indoors or out.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

Tony Brennan
Re: HPX2700 Preset is Cold
on Oct 10, 2009 at 7:52:23 am

Hi Jeff,
You need to goto main menu and open 'Cam Operation' in there is the 'White Balance Mode' with preset white adjustment. You can also assign this function to a user switch so you can change it without having to go into the menus. Hope this helps. Only just got the camera and couldn't be happier with it. Shame about the price drop though!

Return to posts index

Jeff Regan
Re: HPX2700 Preset is Cold
on Oct 13, 2009 at 9:40:49 pm

Thank you Tony, yes it was "Temp Pre Sel SW" in VAR instead of 3.2K/5.6K.

Some cool things I found out about from Barry Russo, a very helpful Panasonic engineer:

Color Temp. can be put on a user switch, push the menu wheel and you can change color temp in 200K steps by turning the wheel.

VFR ON internally, push menu wheel, use syncro scan buttons to change frame rate.

VFR ON at whatever selected frame rate, User SW frame rate to select a different frame rate mid-take. It was changing exposure at 180 degrees, but in 1/60 or 1/100, exposure change not evident, giving seamless frame rate change.

Firmware update from June? allows for audio in VFR modes, side crop in 4:3 downconversion mode.

Cool camera, AVC Intra is so natural looking compared to DVCPRO HD, and quieter.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]