FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDX-900 Backup (memory) Battery?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dusty powers
HDX-900 Backup (memory) Battery?
on Sep 29, 2009 at 11:06:30 pm

My HDX-900 is not remembering TC when I pull the power. I need to replace the Backup Battery, but have no idea where it is. The manual is not telling me where Panasonic hid it. I'd certainly appreciate a clue from someone.

Thanks,

Dusty

Return to posts index

Mark D'Agostino
Re: HDX-900 Backup (memory) Battery?
on Sep 30, 2009 at 1:46:38 pm

Dusty,

When you turn on your camera does " Back up Batt Empty" appear in the viewfinder for a few seconds and does the TC read all zeroes? If not then it might not be the internal battery. Check that the tc item in the VTR menu under TC/UB is set to "on". It needs to be "on" to remember the last set tc before power is turned off, (see page 130 of manual). Our camera was in for service when they replaced the battery so I don't know how that's done but I do know the battery, cr2032, is just a basic watch battery you can get at any Walmart type store.

Mark D'Agostino
http://www.synergeticproductions.com

Return to posts index

dusty powers
Re: HDX-900 Backup (memory) Battery?
on Oct 2, 2009 at 3:56:33 pm

Thanks for your time.

I had an extra CR2032 Battery, but didn't know where the slot was hidden. I made a call to my service guy and they told I had to open the side panel.

Funny thing is that wasn't the problem and I think I figure out what was going on. We were covering an event so we wanted to continue to roll as much as possible. My tech had laid down bars and tone on several tapes ahead of time. He started the roll at 00.00.00.00 on those tapes. When I got to the end of one of my original tapes (started tc at hour 2)I stop the camera, ejected the tape, reset tc to the next tape hour up then put his tape in and started rolling again. I think by putting the pre-striped tapes in after I set tc caused the HDX memory when this new tape went in to start at 00.00.00.30.

Operator error. Put the new tape in first, then set code. It's a handy feature being able to find tc on an earlier shot tape, but I think it got this time.

Dusty

dusty powers
http://www.hdcrew.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]