FORUMS: list search recent posts

720p capture at 59.94 or 29.97?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nayim saati
720p capture at 59.94 or 29.97?
on May 31, 2009 at 1:52:53 am

Hey guys so im digitizing some footage that was shot on the varicam in 720p. I thought they were recording in 29.97, so i captured a few tapes with that in mind. After a few i started to over think and instead of going firewire from my deck to my mac i put it in the aja LH i have to make sure and it says that it was shot at 59.94.. yikes!.. now should i re-digitze the other tapes, its actually quite a few. Does it matteR? im sure it matters somewhat though. its a show that is going to be airing on PBS so going back out im guessing to some sort of tape is proable to going to the deliverable. any ideas? i really dont even get this 59.94 thing if its 720P that seems like it would be an interlaced frame rate not progressive. any thoughts? Let me know if i can just work with the 29.97 and the 59.94 in the same timeline or if thats going to be a problem?

thanks alot!

Return to posts index

Chris Bell
Re: 720p capture at 59.94 or 29.97?
on May 31, 2009 at 6:36:34 pm

Did they tell you what frame rate was shot? You can easily find the frame rate. Play a tape, and switch the counter to the user bits. The steady number is the frame rate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]