FORUMS: list search recent posts

1200A deck error

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Pokrant
1200A deck error
on Apr 27, 2009 at 3:29:39 pm

My panasonic 1200A deck was working fine then all of a sudden it started giving me e-00 and e-01 error messages and had green verticle bars running over the image during playback.

E-00 is "servo not locked" = appears when servo is not locked for 3 or more seconds during playback or recording

E-01 is "low RF" - no head output (due to clogging for instance) for 1 or more seconds during play back

Is this something that needs to be fixed by the guys at panasonic or can i do anything to alleviate this problem?

Thanks!



Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: 1200A deck error
on Apr 27, 2009 at 3:46:31 pm

Justin,

It's dirty head, cleaning is complicated, best fix is return to Panasonic. They'll clean head and replace rubber rollers. Sorry, but it will cost about $300 plus shipping, but there's really no other way.

JS





Return to posts index

Chris Bell
Re: 1200A deck error
on Apr 27, 2009 at 9:16:32 pm

Deck needs service... don't bother trying to clean on your own. It will only get worse.



Return to posts index


Justin Pokrant
Re: 1200A deck error
on Apr 27, 2009 at 9:21:45 pm

I thought so...

We sent it in not even 7 months ago to get it fixed because it was eating tapes. The heads were cleaned and a bunch of parts were replaced.

What a lemon.






Return to posts index

Chris Bell
Re: 1200A deck error
on Apr 28, 2009 at 1:53:31 am

What brand of tape stock are you using? I had a bad experience with Maxell tapes... won't touch them now.



Return to posts index

Justin Pokrant
Re: 1200A deck error
on Apr 28, 2009 at 1:58:08 pm

We are using the Fujifilm tapes



Return to posts index


Chris Bell
Re: 1200A deck error
on Apr 29, 2009 at 2:38:44 am

One other piece of advice, when you get your deck back from service, test it with a tape you don't care about. I made the mistake of inserting a "high-value" tape into a freshly serviced deck. The deck ate the tape and it took a local tech 2 hours to extract it. Thankfully it was not damaged. The deck's transport carriage was damaged... Lesson learned.





Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]