FORUMS: list search recent posts

VeriCam Footage Stuttering

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Orloff
VeriCam Footage Stuttering
on Apr 1, 2009 at 11:23:44 am

Hey there,

I'm having some serious issues with imported VeriCam footage. Most of the tapes look great. But on two of them, the footage seems to stutter. At first I thought this was a hard drive bandwidth issue but it isn't. It seems that it's actually what's on the tape. I don't know what to do. The footage is unusable. The stuttering makes it look like interlaced footage not being played back fast enough. It's odd and I've never seen anything like it. Is it a camera issue? A tape issue? Ingesting issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For reference, I imported it using a regular DVCPRO deck at a post house into Avid MC using the DNxHD 90 codec.

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: VeriCam Footage Stuttering
on Apr 1, 2009 at 9:04:49 pm

Is it your Varicam? Can you try playing a bit of it back in-camera to see if it's the playback deck or a camera issue?

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Nate Orloff
on Apr 1, 2009 at 9:21:00 pm

It isn't my VeriCam. I'm going to the facility today to check the tape in the DVCPRO deck and see if it stutters there.

It's so weird. It's like frames are simply missing. And it's not a playback issue. 9 other tapes are fine and play back wonderfully. Just not these two.

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Apr 7, 2009 at 2:43:34 pm

Nate,
Did you figure out the Stuttering issue?

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Nate Orloff
on Apr 12, 2009 at 11:22:42 pm

Sort of. We just re-imported those tapes a 3rd time and 95% of the footage played back normal finally. We couldn't get the last two shots on the tape to import correctly. Weird, no?

Someone at the post house suggested that they might have shot those tapes at 59.94fps and when I imported them to an 23.976 Avid project, they played weird. But that didn't turn out to be the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]