FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tapes to high res .mov files

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
Tapes to high res .mov files
on Mar 27, 2009 at 12:37:37 am

Hi all

had a question from a director.. he has shot most of his doc on the RED camera... I,ll be using my HDX900... he is asking how to get the tapes to high res .mov files ??

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: Tapes to high res .mov files
on Mar 27, 2009 at 3:06:15 pm

Simple, your footage needs to be captured/digitized into a computer like Final Cut Pro. Once it is captured, it will be in MOV format. You do need to discuss with the Director and Editor as to what compression format, frame size, they would like when the footage is digitized. That will depend on what format the Editor will use in his editing.

Everyone needs to be involved in discussion, especially when different shooters, editors and cameras are used.

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Mar 29, 2009 at 5:34:10 am

Hi Ernie

Ok thanks for your reply.Just out of interest... what do the players rent for.. presuming cheapest model to use for digitising only.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Mar 29, 2009 at 4:45:02 pm

I'm not a Red expert, but that camera records to either a hard drive or solid-state media, not tape, so no videotape deck is needed. You need some way to get those files (wavelet codec) into an editing system to convert to MOV files.

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Mar 29, 2009 at 11:08:28 pm

I,ll be using my HDX900... he has been using the RED previously .. so he,ll need a deck to digitise when he gets back to his edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]