FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDX900 ENG Security setting

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Schuh
HDX900 ENG Security setting
on Jan 25, 2009 at 4:21:27 am

Anyone know how to change the HDX900 ENG security setting from ON to OFF? I sometimes rent my camera, and I thought I'd check out the ON setting of this function. Goodman's Guide said hold down the light button and then lightly press the menu button at the same time to go to the options menu. At the options menu you can change the ENG security settings. It worked great from the default OFF to ON, but the same process did not work when I tried to switch back to OFF. Only the user menu pops up, not the option menu. Panasonic manual no help.. says contact your dealer to release ON setting...great!!

If you have solution let me know .. I need to get this fixed ASAP

Return to posts index

John Cummings
Re: HDX900 ENG Security setting
on Feb 3, 2009 at 1:30:01 pm

For the record:

Place the auto knee switch to bars. Turn power Off. Hold down auto black balance and turn the cam back on.

J Cummings
DP/Chicago
http://www.cameralogic.tv
HDX-900/HDW-730S/DXC-D50

Return to posts index

Fred Schuh
on Feb 3, 2009 at 3:06:48 pm

Thanks John for your post. I got the same info on another forum a few days ago, but I forgot to post that fact here.

Frankly I'm very disappointed Goodman's did not include this simple, but critical procedure in the HDX900 Guide. I understand it IS in the Varicam Guide.

Return to posts index

John Cummings
on Feb 3, 2009 at 5:40:22 pm

I have an HDX and didn't know the answer either.

I found the solution the same place you did. I simply re-posted it here for the benefit of all.

Cheers-

J Cummings
DP/Chicago
http://www.cameralogic.tv
HDX-900/HDW-730S/DXC-D50

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]